With thirteen hectares of parkland and a great heritage of monumental trees, Levico SPA park is the most important historical park of the Province of Trento.
Its history dates back to the end of the 19th century and is closely linked to the establishment of Levico Terme as a spa town of European standing. The construction of the “Grand Hotel delle Terme” was the first step in a major transformation involving the German landscape-gardener Georg Ziehl (1873 - 1953) who transformed an area of countryside into a large informal design park.
At the end of the 19th century many tree species in vogue in the nineteenthcentury parks had been planted: Sequoiadendron giganteum, the giant sequoia of California, Magnolia sempervirens the great white-flowered magnolia, Fagus sylvatica 'purpurea', the monumental red beech that still today dominates the area at the entrance to the main promenade, cedars and redwood trees.
After many years and a restoration project, at the end of October 2018 the Vaia storm caused serious damages to the park: 216 large trees were uprooted and three hectares of lawns and flower beds were destroyed. Immediately the works for the recovery started, a project has been approved and is now in an advanced stage of realization. The park has been reshaped and some of its botanical and landscape values strengthened. In the park of Levico today we find a new birch wood, a new collection of conifers and many deciduous trees with characteristic colored foliage. In spring 50,000 bulbs are blooming, different species of tulips, Allium and Muscari. The lawns host numerous herbaceous species that bloom throughout the growing season.
In spring the park hosts a garden show, ''Ortinparco'', an exhibition-festival focusing on the vegetable garden and the garden with temporary installations, plants and flowers, educational workshops, music, seminars and horticultural exhibitions. Summer is the season of educational programs, concerts, book presentations and shows.
The park is operated without the use of chemicals, and hosts Villa Paradiso, the headquarter of the park's offices and temporary exhibitions.